Monday 11 February 2013

Console or PC Gaming

This question has been asked for many years now by many people, and everyone has there own favourite, some don't care what others think whilst some try to force it down our throats. I tend to be on the side where I will tell you what I think, but won't force opinions on anyone else
I am aware that the handheld market is becoming more relevant at this point in the industry, but I am going to ignore that and answer the question which is always asked.

For me, I have always really enjoyed playing on a console, it was always easier to play with siblings and friends on a console than a PC. Even though I have fond memories of both consoles and PC, I remember more successful endeavours on a console and being frustrated on the PC. One game comes to mind in particular. Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, I remember two parts very well, even though the first level was amazing and I played it many times, I will always remember the frustration of trying to follow Jar Jar Binks and running around Mos Espa trying to figure out anything you can do.

For controls, I prefer controllers, the ability to have all the controls you need in a simple handheld device and the joysticks, adds smooth gameplay and no need for numerous shortcuts. I understand that there is fully customisable options on a PC, but I personally, as a gamer, do not always see the point in this.

For Spec, the more powerful machine at the moment is PC at a larger price, but that is not the point I am going to talk about. As there are many different aspects of a PC that can be bought and changed in the computer itself, it is difficult for a game to be released and not have a problem on a computer system. As the Xbox/PS3/Wii all have the same spec, games can be released in certainty that they will work, and if there is a problem, it will occur on all systems, meaning that it will be handled asap.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy playing on a PC and do so on a regular basis, but I do prefer a console as a more complete package, one which I can rely on, to sit back on my sofa, relax and enjoy the immersive experience that it offer, nothing beats that.

Frozen Fishy out.

No comments:

Post a Comment